Comments posted by Spartan118

110 comments

Sort by: newest first or most popular first

+4 1. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Mobile Tire Changer WS-561-C

Sooo, was anyone else hoping that the title implied that the tire could be changed while you were mobile? :P

0 2. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Oil Change Scam: A Hidden Camera Investigation

And this, is one of the reasons im not in a hurry to buy a car :/

+18 3. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Truck transporting flour crashed into a building

Wow, the owner of this video is such a dick. Didnt even show the least bit of concern.

+7 4. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video The Largest Drum Set Ever!

needs more cowbell

+3 5. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Spider at work

We take this for granted but as I was watching this I just thought "How does a, insect evolve to do this?" This is really complex and humans are the only other creature on the planet who go through so much effort to get their food.

+2 6. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Shiny....

It doesnt look so bad like that, pretty cool actually. But the terrifying thing about them is that they can fly...

+10 7. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Son, wait here!

#2 I think you're exaggerating. Kids are ridiculous, they can learn things insanely quick. They play games that a lot of adults need to look up guides on what to do. Im sure that this is just a game to him and he just taught himself while watching his dad. He might be able to operate it really well but I dont think he fully understands what he's doing and how dangerous it is. To him its just: "Im making the cool big thing move like daddy does."

-1 8. Spartan118 commented 9 years ago on video Old computers did it better!

I agree with most of this other than data loss. Its just as easy to save your data buy saving your hard drive when you throw away an old comp. And if you want to protect your data from a virus, then just have a second hard drive, they're stupidly cheap nowadays.

+8 9. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video This guy invented a heated hammock for your feet that hangs under your desk

As tempted as I am to buy this, sitting down for extended periods isnt good so I would much rather move around every now and again to warm my feet so that I can sort of force myself to not sit still for too long.

+3 10. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video Euclideon SOLIDSCAN

So while I hope this is real, I am skeptical because that looks REALLY good.

+8 11. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video Dutch lost & found service

Oh thats so cute, I want to fly with them and loose something just so I can have the dog bring it to me :P

0 12. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video You want some Mountain Dew?

ya seriously #2 lighten up, dogs are smarter than you think. Look at its tail, it was wagging a lot, so it was just playing along too. Probably this happened once where the dog really was angry/afraid but noticed the guy laughing and figured it was just a game then.

+2 13. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video If You Need To Make A Lot Of Popcorn In A Hurry

actually this isnt very fast. Mythbusters covered this, and while it looks really awesome, it took about 7min to build up enough pressure. So it would be a lot faster to make pop corn the old fashioned way.

+3 14. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video JIBO: The World's First Family Robot

Hopefully there will be some way for me to try it first, because it looks like a very well engineered and programmed device, but I have a feeling it doesn't work as perfectly as they show.

+5 15. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video The Company

I wish everyone could move like that, all the time :P

+25 16. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video Walt Disney's MultiPlane Camera from 1957

You never really understand how much effort went into these old cartoons until you see just how tedious the process was.

0 17. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video Lifx

this looks useful... if it was cheaper. Also the lights flashing when you get a notification would be really annoying :P

+2 18. Spartan118 commented 10 years ago on video The LEGO Movie Blooper reel 2014

#2, Have you watched the movie? I didnt think it was going to be that great either but it is hysterical! And what you said is basically what the entire movie is about.

+1 19. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Thresher Sharks

Shark used Tail Whip... its super effective!

+5 20. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video iDiots

lol so true, even so I found it kinda cute whenever the little robots chuckled. :P

+1 21. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Growing Bolder

Man, I really hope Im like this guy when I'm his age :)
Though I find it odd that he does all that exercise and yet he's still really skinny.

+2 22. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video This guy makes a living playing once a month

This guy actually has talent, not like the dudes I usually see who only have 1 bucket and pretend that they are playing with some kind of rhythm.

+2 23. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Michio Kaku explains the 4 forces of nature

was that Bill Nye interviewing him?

+4 24. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Speed Kills Your Pocketbook

A little longer than I would have liked but you kept be interested and this is definitely something everyone should know.

+4 25. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Giving

I kinda hope this was a true story, it would greatly restore my faith in humanity.

+4 26. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Meet ATLAS

The robot is called ATLAS... well at least its not being made by a group called Cerberus.

+1 27. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video The European Union Explained

very informative and I also find it very fitting that it is under the Weird category.

0 28. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Sounds from space

All the other planets sounds really creepy.

+1 29. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video The Internet Archive

This is video is really boring, but I think its amazing what their doing. This is a window to the past, and also a great service to give free access to knowledge all over the world.

+12 30. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Map of Europe - 1000 A.D. to present day

Pretty interesting, especially how it looked like only 2 countries didnt change very much during that entire time: England and France.

+2 31. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Meanwhile on Irish public transport

That was awesome! Sadly if they tried that here in New York everyone would just get annoyed.
Also its a shame that such an awesome video suffers from vertical video syndrome. :(

+4 32. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video A.I. Robot

@4, thats because it learns from the conversation that people have with it, and from all the stupid conversations I 've seen people have with it, im not surprised its getting dumber.

+2 33. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video How Big Can a Person Get?

Go forth my photons!

+3 34. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Fountain Pen Writing, awesome sound and look

I am really jealous of his handwriting.

+10 35. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video "We Are The Explorers": This NASA ad will be played before showings of the upcoming 'Star

Optimus Prime is telling us to explore space so we can help him re-claim Cybertron, we must obey!

-1 36. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Defense Distributed's Cody Wilson Explains the Printed Firearm

@1, sadly they already have printed girlfriends that people have actually married...

0 37. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Quadrotor vs. Tesla Coil

when I first saw the title I read: Gator vs Tesla coil :P
Still an awesome though.

+2 38. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video The Super Supercapacitor

wait so Im confused: the short opening and end credits make me feel like this was more about the film than the discovery. So is this real or what?

0 39. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Creepy Spiders in the sky!

Mother of God.... if I saw that I would just build a flamethrower right then and their and start burning all the demons. Normally im fine with spiders but that many? I would just lose it...

0 40. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Bigger Red Hot Nickel Ball In Hot Water

wow that was cool. Though I was surprised, the moment I saw that he was going to drop it in a glass cup I was expecting the cup to shatter from the extreme temp difference.

+2 41. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video David Attenborough comforts a blind rhino calf

such an awesome video and I hope the operation works so the little guy can see.

That said because this was on Snotr I kept expecting the Rhino to tackle Attenborough :P

+17 42. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Worlds Smallest Car

Is it just me or does it actually look bigger than the Pio p50?

Anyway these guys are just complete geniuses!

0 43. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Slap reaction

lmao why can I picture this actually happening in the show :P

+1 44. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Super car driver idiots

I got to 4 min and could watch anymore. Hate seeing such awesome cars ruined by idiots.

0 45. Spartan118 commented 11 years ago on video Inglewood Police Chase Jan 13, 2013

wasnt this video already posted up here?

+1 46. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video LEGO Axle Sorter

Wow awesome! You could probably sort them yourself faster than this machine, but I still love it!

+4 47. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Chinese 30 story building in 15 days

Wow now that is really impressive!

Also I can imagine someone goes on vacation for 2 weeks and when they come back they're like "Was this here when I left?"

+17 48. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Turn your 4x4 into a tracked vehicle quickly

I like how no one actually watched the video.

#2 you can clearly see the wheels going forward at 1:55 (and many other places)

and #3 1:55 they also show going up a hill, and at 2:29 they show it going (surprisingly fast) on a road.

+5 49. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video How you park a bike in Japan.

wow that looks very convenient but im wondering, does it work with all bikes or only specific ones?

+2 50. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Ancient Archery

This looks impressive but even though I believe it, for some reason the fact that they used a text to speech program to narrate it, it makes it feel fake :P

+2 51. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video A tour of the ISS orbital laboratory

I found the entire video to be amazing and I kept wishing that I could be up their... until I saw the bathroom. That does not look convenient at all. The 'toilet' looks like it would be really hard to get everything into, and that hose just scares me :S

+1 52. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Laughing in the subway

for half of the video I was looking at the girl in the orange yelling "Laugh damn you!"

Also where ever this is why do so many people have weird hair colors, that old lady and the dude(?) with the bright orange hair.

+7 53. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Give a little, get a little

Ya the end is a little cheezy but over all a really nice video.

+12 54. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Meanwhile in Romania

Im Romanian, and I approve this :P

+1 55. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video 25 of the most creepiest places on earth

pretty creepy, though I wouldnt count number 12 as one of them. If you stay on the 6 train passed the Brooklyn Bridge stop the train will loop around and pass the City Hall station, and while its really hard to see, its not really that creepy.

+1 56. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Amazing Old Calculator (Curta)

modern calculators are definitely easier and much more efficient, but this strangely looks a lot more fun!

+3 57. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video What's so funny about mental illness?

I kinda felt bad when everyone stood up at the end cheering cause... I dont understand what point she was trying to make :/

+3 58. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video F1 Car in Lincoln Tunnel

now THATS a sound!

+3 59. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Bystanders Take Down Armed Thief

Some faith in humanity has been restored :)

+4 60. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video TED: Tristram Stuart - The global food waste scandal

I also noticed this a long time ago, super markets throwing away food that looks completely edible. I even get angry when I see people throw away food that they just took a bite of it. Also what #6 said, I was at Mc D' with some friends late at night when they were closing, the guys who work their came up to us and dumped like 5 pounds of french fries on our table and said "Here, eat what you can without getting a heart attack, that was going in the garbage any way." My friends and I looked at the fries and were amazed that all that was going in the garbage, we couldn't eat all of it but we did try, my friends even took some in bags to save for at home.

The US alone could probably feed half of Africa (slight exaggeration maybe) on the food that is wasted.

+2 61. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Baby Stingrays

its cute, also really freaky at the same time... and legs?!? O.o

+2 62. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video New iPhone 5 commercial

the commercial should really just be: "its the new Iphone, we know you'll buy it."

+18 63. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Sepaktakraw

this is what ninjas play in their free time.

0 64. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Curious Displays

that was really well done, but they should have chosen a less interesting video to play because I kept getting annoyed whenever the screen moved and I couldnt watch the movie :P

+1 65. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video How to operate the KURATAS

I have just discovered my goal in life

+2 66. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Evolution Of Dance by NAO Robot

wow that was impressive, I actually thought it was fake until the guy came in and pushed the robot back into place. Very good robot and some damn good programming.

+3 67. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Ancient Chinese cure for ....WHAT???

I still dont understand... what is this supposed to do?

-3 68. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Fire Tornado

crazy teens use Fire Spin.... its super effective :P

+9 69. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Domino at a military parade in Belarus

that was cool but I was disappointed... I was expecting all of them to fall over like dominos :P

+3 70. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Landing On Mars

wow, I can see why they call it 7 minutes of terror, its 7 min of watching billions of dollars of equipment and thousands of hours of work guide itself threw some insane maneuvers, and not being able to do anything but watch as it either lands safely.... or one little thing goes wrong and it just crash and burns.

Though what I want to know is what was wrong with the first landing design, you know, with the huge balloons and just letting the rover bounce when it hits the surface?

+5 71. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Fail Compilation June 2012

that was great, other than 5:25, that one I didnt need to see.

+2 72. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Throwing a Box of Garbage Into a Volcano Lake

I was about to say it was a good idea, until I noticed how much the volcano didnt like it.

+3 73. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Best News Bloopers Of 2012

omg, I died at 0:40

+5 74. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Welcome To Life

at first I found it interesting, uploading your consciousness to another body before you die, but then I got really scared cause if this ever is possible, it will most likely be implemented exactly like this...

+1 75. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Cutting Steel At The Microscope

wow, deffinetly not what I thought cutting steel would look like, very interesting.

0 76. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Angry Peregrine Falcons

why do they need to track these Falcons?

+3 77. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Coca-Cola Security Cams

I really hope that all of these were real, makes me feel better about humanity.

+4 78. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Dirtiest PC... EVER!!!

I just cleaned my computer and not I feel like I need to clean it again :P

+6 79. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Magic meerkat moments

that so adorable.

and why is Richard Hammond the narrator?

+1 80. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video ZeroN

needs some stability improvements but really cool idea

0 81. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video One step closer...

Controlling tech with your mind is really cool and I love this, its when tech starts to control your mind that im gonna be worried

+3 82. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Bulletproof Clothing

lmao, "Im gonna shoot you on 3"
*fires after 2* such a troll

+1 83. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Plan B when one escalator is too crowed

*facepalm*

+2 84. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video blonde v car

that guy deserves a medal for keeping his cool.

0 85. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Tire ski jumping

very interesting and the last tire was hilarious... but what purpose does this information serve?!?

+3 86. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Sand Flea Robot

wow that looks fun :)

+7 87. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video JONATHAN ANTOINE AUDITION - BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2012

Simon Cowell has a heart?

Anyway that was truly AMAZING, I was shocked. But for me, the best part of the vid was seeing Simon's face when they first started. :P

+2 88. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video The Real Meaning Of MPH

he wasnt being to bright himself recording this but, I can see why he had to, this is just... I hope its just math that she is stupid about and she is not generally that stupid. I just feel bad for him.

+7 89. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video World Earthquakes Visualization Map 2011

Total Earthquake count in 2011? OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to. Anyway, damn the Japan quake actually scared me when it came it. Just as a big red circle it looked really bad, and in general Japan and that whole latitudinal area was incredibly active.

+1 90. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Coca cola , mobile ad demo

anyone know were the one in New York is? I would like some free coke :P

+5 91. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Lord Howe Island Stick Insect hatching

This has just destroyed my understanding of the Laws of Physics....

+3 92. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video There are a**holes & good guys!

im not surprised the guy helped him, im surprised no one helped him sooner! I mean I understand not wanting to help every 'needy' person you come across, but come on!! The dude was in the middle of the street, how did so many people just leave him their?!

+2 93. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video The hidden world of box packing

its an interesting system but not necessary. This is a stepping stone for robots to completely replace those workers and it also lets the workers be lazy. Walking is good for you.

+1 94. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Magnetic silly putty

hmm, wonder what would happen if you tossed it into an MRI :P

+3 95. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Sushi Conveyor in Japan

I dont know what I found that so interesting lol

and #15, maybe its not illegal in Japan but either way it looks like they got permission from the employees and all the customers didnt look like they cared, most of them seems to find it funny so I guess you could say they were passively giving their consent by having fun with it.

+3 96. Spartan118 commented 12 years ago on video Dawn of the Dead

unless everything was like 90% off their was no reason for that, they broke the damn security shutters for crying out load!!

+4 97. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Baby Octopus crawling around out of water

ya guys calm down, if you dont remember their was a vid on here a few weeks back of an octopus that voluntarily came out of the water to give a present to some people, he was our of the water for about 5min and was fine.

+8 98. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video RNA interference

very interesting... too bad I dont understand anything that was said :P

0 99. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video How malls Make you buy !

but, I always go left when I enter a store...

0 100. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Flying rhinos.

im with Rigel^ that was the best way they could come up with to transport it? That cant be good for its ankles, the damn thing ways a few tons. But more importantly what happens if something happens to that very delicate looking thread thats holding it? I dont think it would survive a fall from the height they were flying at.

They had good motives but were they all drunk when they thought up of that idea?

0 101. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Bio Concrete, Concrete That Repairs Itself

This really is genius but i have to agree with #1, until I see some long term tests im gonna be skeptical about using this so I i dont get house cancer :P

0 102. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Sleeping dog

ok guys, I think your over reacting. Im not saying dogs are stupid but just like us humans they sometimes make mistakes. I have seen dogs do stupid things like falling asleep at an awkward position were the moment they doze off they fall off a couch or something. If I found out that indeed this dog was being tortured I would be the first to advise this video to be taken down but their isent enough evidence here to conclude that it is. The dog can be anywhere and in that water for any reason.

-1 103. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Lovely Owl

am I the only one who thinks he looks like he's not enjoying himself?

0 104. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Private war with stolen tank

I know one man cant drive the tank and fire at the same time, but I still find it really stupid how all of the patrol cars were staring down the barrel of the main gun

+1 105. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Redneck Monster Truck Tug Of War

Not as dramatic as I thought it would be but I knew this wasnt gonna end well the moment I read the title :P

+3 106. Spartan118 commented 13 years ago on video Real Time Rendering Technology

This looks impressive but ill save my final opinion on it until they tell me exactly how it works. If I can run this on my current machine and it wount take up any more space then an average game then I will be thoroughly impressed. But right now, im going with the idea that they have a few thousand terabytes and more gigs of RAM then I can count.

0 107. Spartan118 commented 14 years ago on video Japanese scientists create touchable holograms.

#9 I agree with you on both parts, hurray for holodecks!!!

+25 108. Spartan118 commented 14 years ago on video Happy Fox

ok usually I would agree that the fox is wild and shouldnt be caged but you dont know the whole story, what if it was sick or injured and whoever was recording it was just taking care of it. The collar could be so if it gets away before its better they can find it. Or maybe its a tracking devise for research purposes.

+2 109. Spartan118 commented 14 years ago on video Awareness test!

wow the only thing I noticed was the Knight in armor behind the main and that the butler changed what he was holding it, but it was more like wait that doesnt seem right I wasent actually aware of any changes until after the video.

-2 110. Spartan118 commented 15 years ago on video Microphone

lol old man in old country fail.

and #3 not to be an ass but he is Romanian, other then receiving respect for his age i dont thing e can do much anymore.