Comments posted by mightymaxx

68 comments

Sort by: newest first or most popular first

+1 1. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Will Happer, Princeton's Galileo

Well...he's not actually denying climate change. He just believes that it will be mostly beneficial rather than not. I'm not sure I can agree with that, but then again I'm not a scientist. I would have liked to heard him address the melting icecaps and the rise in sea level. That's probably the scariest part of the over warming trend.

+2 2. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Army proof...

While #9 was a bit overzealous in his declaration of military superiority, his initial points were pretty spot on. Sleep deprivation is often part of the training, and this guy is showing signs of that. Add the fact that it looks frigging cold, you can be fairly certain he was not exactly operating at full capacity. This would also explain why the Drill Instructor was being so nice about it.

+6 3. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Hillbilly Weatherman

I'd tune into the weather channel more often if they'd drop some f-bombs occasionally.

+25 4. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Whiteboard Clock

Tough crowd...I thought it looked cool. Not everything has to be practical to be awesome. In fact sometimes the reason it is awesome, is directly the result of how impractical it is, and yet still works. A Rube Goldberg machine is a perfect example of that.

+10 5. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Other side of the Moon

#1 I will likely regret this, but...What truth would that be?

+13 6. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Dog in action

#(removed comment) and #2...wow. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or depressed at your level trolling. Kudos I guess for finding the worst possible takeaways from this video.

+7 7. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Elderly driver confuses pedals, speeds through car wash destroying all equipment inside

Liked the video, but could have done without the song...

+2 8. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Does your bathroom have a Time Machine?

That's kind of nasty :S

+8 9. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video The Most Confusing Commercial Ever

Ok...I'll stop, but you have to tell me what I'm stopping first.

+3 10. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Clam uses fake lure to attract Bass

Today I learned that Mussels apparently reproduce via Bukake.

+11 11. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Swedish billboard...with a twist...

#2 with men having a 44% chance of being diagnosed with invasive cancer at some point in their lives, and women at 38%? I 'd say yes cancer is pretty successful, but not in the way you are thinking.

+8 12. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Danny Macaskill: The Ridge

It's buried in the credits at the end. Blackbird by Martyn Bennett

+28 13. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Singer Fails During National Anthem

I give him credit for falling flat on his face and still sounding better than most.

+5 14. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Dog thinks terrace door is closed

Silly dog, not the sharpest tool in the shed. That lady's laugh is kind of infectious too.

+4 15. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Unblocking a toilet with what?

#2 That would be awful, like a poo volcano to the face.

+1 16. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video An Artisan Discovered

#13 Unless it's made from moon rocks...$2000 for a handmade pipe is insanity, but more power to him if he has customers paying that. I think I need to find a new line of work.

+6 17. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Plane almost lands on sunbather on German beach

Reminds me of the runway it St. Martin

Here: http://www.snotr.com/video/1528/747_landing_at_St_Martin

+6 18. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video The Difference Between Weather and Climate Change

#2 I wouldn't count on it. Although this is about the clearest and most apt analogy I've seen yet. Well done, and the show Cosmos is simply awesome. Neil Tyson is a national treasure.

+3 19. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Misconceptions About the Universe

#4 he was presenting quite a number of scientific theories, and a facts. I fail to see how any of it was psuedo-scientific. The information presented in the video is the opposite of pseudo-science, it is in fact actual science. As for presumptuous. Well, good science is often considered presumptuous by those whose ideas it conflicts with or disproves.

+11 20. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Domestic abuse

#1 Listen to #2 and #3...they've got the right of it. What I found even more shocking was the level of abuse demonstrated by the girl was a whole level or two more violent than when the man did it. Then not only was there no interference from by-standers, the majority of them just laughed. I may not have stepped in and said anything because I'm not immune to the bystander effect, but I'd like to think I wouldn't stand there and chuckle. Abuse sucks.

+7 21. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video They are friends even though they are 86 years apart.

#1 I agree, but in this case he may not be going to a nursing home. They said "Senior Apartments". Which is sometimes code for nursing home, but typically it means "Assisted Living". A lot of assisted living places are quite nice. Basically just apartments heavily equipped for the handicapped and with an onsite nursing staff. The building managers typically organize social events, and the residents have common rooms they can gather in. I hope he is going to one of the nice places where the little one can come visit. Very touching story, and makes me miss my grandfather.

-4 22. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Could you be a "Super Hero"?

"Make one"? Like a person can simply will a world changing individual into existence? This was a load of nonsense. The only thing separating me and some Saudi prince is hard work? Yeah right, STFU. You can accomplish a lot with hard work and skill, but at some point society will have helped you along.

+4 23. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Real Life Holodeck with an Oculus Rift

#2 I agree...Could they have virtualized anything other than a damn airplane? The science is incredible, but the whole video I kept thinking...who wants to explore a virtual passenger plane? Next time are they going to blow our minds by virtualizing a grocery store? Maybe they could amaze us with a bus stop?

0 24. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video McLaren 12C + Aventador Roadster Shooting Flames!

Their license plate covers cost more than my whole car...

+8 25. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Best goals World Cup 2014 flipbook

I do not have the patience to create something this cool.

+5 26. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Aug(De)Mented Reality

This is such a cool concept and a great demonstration of the art of animation. Glad to find it on snotr, thank you submitter.This guy did one of these animations for Adam Savage of Mythbusters, which was really good.

+10 27. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Frostie the Snow Goat

Holy crap the level of adorableness that goat possesses actually gave me vertigo.

-1 28. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Amateur MMA fighter taps out for his opponent

#17 Thanks for the polite response. It's a word that I am in particular sensitive to. On the scale of offensiveness it's about a 2 out of 10...so not that bad. Its offensiveness stems mostly from the time period when it was used most. Back when Asia was often referred to as "The Orient", wasn't exactly a great time for Asians in the west. They were mistreated, indentured, and discriminated against heavily all while being labeled with the name Oriental. I'm guessing Chinese Americans are probably the most sensitive to it. There are way worse terms people use. Most people not exposed to Chinese or Asian Americans on a regular basis would probably never know they could be making someone cringe by using the word. If I see it used and I have an opportunity to politely inform someone that it might not be seen as a nice word then I try to do it. Not using it can help others like myself from making incorrect assumptions too. Thanks again for the leveled response, proving once again the snotr community is really great overall. Oh and the mullet is timeless..lol

-1 29. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Terre des Hommes - Sweetie Case

There is no way you could not think this is awesome. I do worry about the slippery slope with the legal ramifications from these sort of thought crime cases. At the moment this is good, but lets hop they stick to protecting children and not decide to take it too much further than that.

-1 30. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Amateur MMA fighter taps out for his opponent

#15 You're right, it can be used as a noun. There are a lot of offensive terms that are nouns. I don't see your point. I was nice about it, but go ahead down vote. It's not an appropriate word to use in modern times to refer to someone of Asian decent, that was my point. It is outdated and offensive to many, including myself...that's all.

0 31. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video The bamboo homes of Bali

It is a very beautiful structure, but the whole project is a bit naive. Bugs, sweltering heat, volatile local politics, bugs, no security, flaunting your wealth in a poor country, etc. I can think of a lot of reasons why this is not the best idea.

+3 32. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Google Car

#7 if you only concentrated on the biggest problems, you'd rarely solve anything. It's perfectly reasonable to tackle these smaller problems and the other problems at the same time. You've given a great example of a logical fallacy called False Dilemma. Researching driver-less cars does not mean appropriate resources are not being given to other issues.

-1 33. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Amateur MMA fighter taps out for his opponent

#9 "Oriental" is used to describe rugs and vases, not people. His name is Yoshihiro Takayama . He is a professional wrestler in Japan, and quite well known there. However he is possibly the worst MMA fighter to have ever stepped in the ring, but he sure can take a beating.

+19 34. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Awesome fully automatic Wolverine claws

Friggin awesome. A little less having spasms in front of the camera and a little more about how they actually work would be nice.

+19 35. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Amateur MMA fighter taps out for his opponent

Wow, that's a lot of thoughtful consideration for his opponent. I wish more competitors were like him. I don't think however that just because a fighter doesn't forfeit to an outmatched opponent that it automatically means they are a poor sportsmen, because ultimately they came there to compete and to win.... but what this guy did was a unique and very nice thing to do.

+9 36. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video White Arctic Wolf Howling

#3 It's amazing isn't it? A real full grown wolf of the right variety is a really big friggin dog. They've been the source of nightmares for mankind for a long time for good reason. Very cool video.

+26 37. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Loading A Motorcycle Like A Boss

Now that's using your head!...sorry I had too :(|) :D

+4 38. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Cliff Slip and Slide

#5 You can't shave freedom.

+5 39. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Stephen Fry's reaction to a college football game

He seemed overwhelmed. I'm so used to seeing this sort of thing I never thought about how it might be perceived elsewhere.

+2 40. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Cliff Slip and Slide

I so wanna hate these videos, but I can't...cause damn it I'd be out there looking like an idiot too if given the chance.

+7 41. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Jamming baby owls

#1 I agree. I'm also not sure jamming is the right word for what this is. I don't what to call it except it's creepy as hell.

+21 42. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Lemon ninja

He's the real life Fruit Ninja

+3 43. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video How to put on pants without using your hands

Ha, I wonder how many tried it themselves after watching this video? I know better than to try it. I would end up making a very awkward call to the ER. I would also have to explain to my wife how I ended up face first through he coffee table without any pants on.

+30 44. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Lifx

Available at the reasonable price of $100 a bulb. No thanks, I'll stick with my good ol' $1 a bulb, and if I want mood lighting...I'll use a candle.

+3 45. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Thailand Bamboo Rocket Festival

The Bang Fai Festival in Thailand is on my bucket list for sure. It's essentially a national holiday dedicated to dubiously constructing rockets with Sticky rice and duct tape, and then trying to launch them into orbit without killing everyone within a mile radius. Quite possibly greatest holiday in the world. Seriously, if they just added presents it could rival Christmas in my eyes.

+1 46. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Ukrainian kid with balls of steel

I'm fine with him having a complete disregard for his own life, however it worries me that he drags his friends along with him. I guess they can make their own choices too. Seems like a waste as I'm pretty sure he won't live very long doing these kinds of things. At least tie off a piece of rope you crazy Ukrainian.

0 47. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video One day...

He's obviously never met my gassy, lazy, and grumpy ass dog...whom I love very much. Now after watching this video I'll be taking him for a run in the park, and he will look at me and wonder why the hell are we in the park, and if he fetches the ball a few times will I end the charade let him get back in the AC to nap? He hates it when I watch the Dog Whisperer for similar reasons.

-2 48. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video From Bump to Buzz

Anybody else find the fact that this fellow feels it's necessary to make music videos about the most important moments of his life a little douchey? Or am I just being too cynical?

+2 49. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video This Thunderstorm Time Lapse Is Absolutely Nuts

Ok, the video was neat, but it was not "Absolutely Nuts". I was expecting people being sucked into the atmosphere, or maybe ground lightening taking out an entire soccer team.

+14 50. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Throw him a beer!

OH!, this close to strengthening the gene pool boys...this close.

+5 51. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Fires in Carlsbad CA

#8 Nonsense. Pollution causes "fires, floods n stuff"? By your own quite insane definition, everyone in the world deserves burn up in a fire. I bet you're a blast at dinner parties.

+5 52. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Fires in Carlsbad CA

#5 What a silly thing to say. I'm with #6, what exactly did these horrible people "sow" that deserved to have all their homes burnt to the ground? Is Carlsbad some hotbed of evil that I was previously unaware of?

+15 53. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video This is how you deal with Telemarketers

Now that appears to be an interesting fellow. I also love the fact that she said "we're not selling anything", and then proceeded to try and sell him something.

+4 54. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Rescued research beagles feel grass on their paws

#8, #10...you missed my point. I chose my verbiage carefully.

"Not all research animals are mistreated, and not all researchers are heartless mechanical monsters."

Please read it again. Maybe a few times until you understand the concept of absolutes, which my statements were not. I object to all lab testing being categorized as cruel. I would equally object to any assertion that all lab testing was lollipops and rainbows. I was addressing the ineffectiveness of radicalism that these "Beagle Freedom" people seem to possess. It's counter productive to the cause which they care so deeply about. That was my point.

+2 55. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video That's A Moron - Parody of Dean Martin "That's Amore"

Great video, and song...could have done without the laugh track.

-1 56. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Sydney 2014

I think the admins have been feeling "artsy" lately.

0 57. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Insane office worker

I don't humans were meant to be stuck in cubes all day. I type this as I sit in my own cube watching the dude cutting our grass, a little envious.

+20 58. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Rescued research beagles feel grass on their paws

#2 Definitely get your point with the being caged all the time. From the looks of the beagles, they appear to be fit and healthy. If they are caged all the time I wonder how they prevent weight gain, and muscle atrophy? It doesn't add up, but I'm not lab scientist so I am not sure. All I know is when she said they've be "deprived of an identity", I rolled my eyes. As if a they care what you call them so long as you bring the grub and scratches.

+30 59. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Rescued research beagles feel grass on their paws

I will likely get downvoted into oblivion for this, but here it goes. Not all research animals are mistreated, and not all researchers are heartless mechanical monsters. In fact most lab beagles are treated very well. They are sweet dogs, and the researches give them affection like they would their own pets. I know this doesn't fit the idea that groups like "Beagle Freedom" wish to promote, but it's the truth. Plenty of labs do not want to release their animals to groups like Beagle Freedom because of the false information these groups spread. I think if they toned down the rhetoric they might be able to rescue a lot more animals.

Oh and Beagles are awesome. I've had many. In fact I had a former lab beagle when I was a kid. Proctor and Gamble use/used Beagles to test beauty products. A litter of puppies had occurred by accident, and a whole litter of adorable beagle puppies were given to a worker to incinerate. This was the 80's before there was so much more oversight in animal testing. The worker, being human..was not able to toss 8 puppies into the fire. Our family got one of them, and named him Pokey. Awesome dog who lived to be 13.

0 60. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Rescuing a Pit Bull who just wanted to be loved

It's not like he's going to give the dog a diet of McDonalds. Like most volunteers, he probably has a life outside of dog rescue, and swung by this location while out for lunch. Wanna make a friend with a dog?...stick a burger in his face. Some people need to lighten up.

+7 61. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Surfing China's river wave

ummm...yuck. The villages along the Qiantang River are called "Cancer Villages" for a reason, and they're surfing in it? That's a whole new level of dumb. There's a million tons of effluent a day pumped into this river. Killer waves, literally. :|

+14 62. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Man fights off great white shark

I never thought I'd be the "fake!" guy, yet here I am. This looks fake. Very cool, very well done, but very much a product of clever editing. :58 just as he dips his head underwater the shark tele-ports across the screen.

+21 63. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Substitute teachers introduces himself

It takes a special kind of not giving a crap to cut a cheesy rap in front of a bunch of high school students. Well play Mr. FOS, well played.

+8 64. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Suprise Homecoming

Man, this is so tough on the kids. Respect to our service men and women, but also to the families they leave at home. Let's bring them all home ASAP.

+2 65. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Black Racer snake having a seizure

I've seen this video posted around. There are lots of theories as to what is happening to it. The thermal overload theory is as plausible as any other I guess. I've seen everything from nerve disease, hit buy a car, bitten by a bug, or sprayed with a chemical just prior to filming. Someone even pointed out you can hear a "paint can" rattle on the audio. Whatever happen, it looked painful and unexpected.

+5 66. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Sewer Diver Loves His Job

#7 Commercial divers almost always use duct tape around the wrist/glove connections. This is a very common practice. The seals on these dive suits are not always the greatest. They can leak slightly due to temperature, wrist movement, and general shape of the person arm. They tape the seals for that extra layer of protection. In this guy's case, taping up his seals could save his life.

+1 67. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Look up

In general I agree with the message of the video, but it's drowning in hyperbole. In times of personal interaction, please put the electronic devices away. This concept is nothing new though. I see it the same as someone reading a book or newspaper in the middle of a conversation.

"Sell your computer and buy a wedding ring"...give me a break, that's a bit over dramatic. So technology is destroying the human ability to fall in love?...geez get over yourself.

Here's the thing. People have been complaining about how kids spend their time since there were kids to be bitching about. Ipads, then video games, then TV, then radio, then movie shows/theater, playing marbles, throwing rocks at mammoths. Whatever it is that kids do that occupies a sizable chunk of their time, will be frowned upon by everyone else who doesn't occupy their time doing that thing.

you can have an ipad and still go out and play. A smart phone is a tool to use, and doesn't have to make you a social outcast. What pretentious piece this was. Mind your own business, and stop wasting time making videos judging people and go spend more time with your family.

+2 68. mightymaxx commented 6 years ago on video Trickshot from car

#3 I believe it's because the car is accelerating after he throws it, and the ball slows down some when it touches the ground.