Video Shows Terrifying Moment E-Cig Explodes In Man’s Pocket

Shocking CCTV footage captured the moment Josh Hamilton, from Kentucky, was at a convenience store buying snacks when his e-cig burst into flames, shooting sparks and setting him on fire, reports the NY Daily News.
Mr Hamilton quickly ran outside, removed his burning trousers and employee Jassie Singh rushed after him to put out the fire with an extinguisher.

Read more ›

Login to rate this video.

You can place this video on your website by inserting the (X)HTML code below:

Options:
pixels
pixels
Embed code:
<iframe src="https://www.snotr.com/embed/16928" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can email this video to your friends by entering their addresses below:

Your information:
Recipients:

add Add another recipient

Human verification:

People who liked this video also liked

8 Cylinder Stirling Engine
London Pickpockets Caught On Camera Stealing Purse
GOING FISHING
Robertson, Phillips, and the History of the Screwdriver
Top 20 Country Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Emission History (1960-2017)
Inside China's High-Tech Dystopia

Comments

10 comments posted so far. Login to add a comment.

Expand all comments

Picture of Awaits35 achievements

+4 1. Awaits commented 4 years ago

could be worse if this would happen when taken 'orally' by that buddy, its a 'cigarette' after all.
Picture of MindTrick43 achievements

+8 2. MindTrick commented 4 years ago

Is that a vape in your pants or are you just happy to see me? :P Seriously tho, this can happen to ANY device with a battery these days. The battery was most likely faulty, and it happens, we can never secure ourselves 100% in anything in life. Expect this to happen to a certain % all over the world.
Picture of Judge-Jake52 achievements

+7 3. Judge-Jake commented 4 years ago

Just another example that anything to do with smoking is bad for you :S
Picture of MindTrick43 achievements

+4 4. MindTrick commented 4 years ago

#3 ah, that explains why the laptop i had 5 years ago had a defect battery. I was smoking while using it, that must have been why...
Picture of huldu34 achievements

+4 5. huldu commented 4 years ago

To be fair(not defending those silly things), but a lighter can explode in your pocket as well.
Picture of Giselle6 achievements

+6 6. Giselle commented 4 years ago

Warning!
Smoking can damage your trousers! :)
Picture of CiF31 achievements

-3 7. CiF commented 4 years ago

#2 may I add that when you know your way about vaping, you know that this accident in the video can happen, now a day, in only two cases:

-it's an home made mod. Badly made/handled

-it's some expensive hardware for ppl who should know better.


batteries used are chemicals, there's a safety "speed" limit at which you can discharge it.
building a stupidly short coil can lead to that video if the switch got pressed continuously in your pocket because you didn't set a locking feature.
Picture of Judge-Jake52 achievements

0 8. Judge-Jake commented 4 years ago

#4 Well at least now you know. >:)
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

0 9. thundersnow commented 4 years ago

Worried about "trouser damage"??..Hmm..that could have caused some serious damage to some other very important areas...guy was lucky!
Picture of Burimi59 achievements

+2 10. Burimi commented 4 years ago

#6 can damage balls!