Lawyer Videos Muslim Welfare Queen ScammingOur System

A New York lawyer confronts a Muslim woman who buys a wagonload of soda using food stamps.From her conversation, he quickly learned that the soda wasn’t for her or her family however, but was being purchased with food stamps so she could then re-sell them at her convenience store.
When he tells her she is stealing money from taxpayers, she goes into a foul-mouthed rage. I hope he makes good on his threat to have her arrested for fraud.

Read more ›

Login to rate this video.

You can place this video on your website by inserting the (X)HTML code below:

Options:
pixels
pixels
Embed code:
<iframe src="https://www.snotr.com/embed/18781" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can email this video to your friends by entering their addresses below:

Your information:
Recipients:

add Add another recipient

Human verification:

People who liked this video also liked

Best Animal News Bloopers Compilation 2018
Barking mad! Tiny Papillon steals the show at the Westminster Kennel Club dog show
Butterfly and cat
A Great White breaching completely stunning an Australian newscast
Pedestrian 0, biker also 0
Romantic boat tour

Comments

46 comments posted so far. Login to add a comment.

Expand all comments

Picture of PownMeister27 achievements
Comment rated too low. Show this comment

-7 1. PownMeister commented 2 years ago

Why is there so much rasism in America. Sereously.. what is wrong with the country, can't they all get along?
Racisism and hate just generates more rasism and hate. Get to know people before judging, that will go a long way.
I am getting sick of seeing how much hate and racism there is in many of the videos on similar sites. Thankfully snotr don't have too much of that content.
Thanks snotrians, i love you guys, have a further nice day ????
And remember.. ''you're Awesome''
Picture of ughlah41 achievements

0 2. ughlah commented 2 years ago

Racism is not an american phenomenon, sadly. We have a fear to loose what we have, we have a fear of what we don't know.

Do you really think there is no white trash that does exactly the same or jews or black people or (fill in the gap with any other group).

Let's blame 1,5 billion muslims because this woman scammed the social system. Let's blame all Americans to be dumb as can, because we saw a video on the interweb about a stupid blonde.
Picture of Burimi59 achievements

+7 3. Burimi commented 2 years ago

Muslim women?!!!! She's not an American?
Picture of fjwjr62 achievements

+5 4. fjwjr commented 2 years ago

#1 True. It's amazing how racist that woman is. And it's a shame that it's allowed in America. She should be deported for scamming taxpayers and for her racist views because we don't need that here.
Picture of cameramaster55 achievements

+14 5. cameramaster commented 2 years ago

#1. Its not 'racism' to go against somebody who is stealing from the system and those less fortunate than themselves. Besides which "Muslim" is not a race...its a 'religion'...or its supposed to be. The sheer simple FACT ( self admitted by her ) that's she's getting goods on food stamps ( and where the hell did she get those from? ) so she can sell them at her convenience store indicates to me that she doesn't give a toss about right or wrong. So far she's admitted to fraud and theft...and has now added threatening behavior ( however you wish to term it ) as well.

How far do you need to step over the line before you take action? Now personally I don't care what your religion is, I don't care what your skin colour is....what I DO care about is if you live in a country you support and defend that country ( and its people ). People 'generally' move to another country for a reason...the politics, weather, job opportunities...whatever, the simple fact is people generally move because they WANT to ( most of the time ). So when people start ripping of the country they moved to they will never get my sympathy, nor respect nor anything else except my condemnation....does that make me 'racist'?
Picture of PownMeister27 achievements

+3 6. PownMeister commented 2 years ago

I was trying to say.. Treat everyone as you want to be treated yourself regardless of race, religion or origin of country. It goes both ways in this video.
Give people the benefit of the doubt until you know the full story.
And after that I tried to wish you fellow snotrians a good Saturday..
Sadly I see there is much hate here as well.
Picture of Burimi59 achievements

+4 7. Burimi commented 2 years ago

#6 Respect!

If I can upvite your comment 1000 time , I'll do it.

"Treat everyone as you want to be treated ..."
Picture of PownMeister27 achievements

+4 8. PownMeister commented 2 years ago

Thanks Burimi :)
I must grab the chance to thank you for adding so much content to snotr. You are one of the reasons why this is my first place to go when watching my daily videos ;)
Picture of huldu34 achievements
Comment rated too low. Show this comment

-8 9. huldu commented 2 years ago

Why is this video even on snotr? Just the topic alone on the video isn't really suited for the site.
Picture of oleHashow30 achievements

+7 10. oleHashow commented 2 years ago

yeah Burimi she said she was born in Detroit.
And she clearly is doing something illegal since she went off so hard with all the profanity.
and that make me believe she is a criminal and believes only in the money she have, not in any kind of god.
Picture of Nightcamo30 achievements

+3 11. Nightcamo commented 2 years ago

I see assholes on both sides.
Picture of Burimi59 achievements

+4 12. Burimi commented 2 years ago

#8 Thank you!

#10 I know she's American but why writing Muslim women?

Maybe she's wearing hijab because of tradition and not because of her belief?

There are lot of Muslim women without hijab.
I wonder how they will be described as a Muslim women or just women scamming US system?
Picture of thefox27 achievements

+4 13. thefox commented 2 years ago

He doesn't sound like a lawyer to me. :|
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

+7 14. sux2bu commented 2 years ago

Stop making excuses for these parasites that use our good nature and welfare system to enrich themselves at our expense.
The story is true and this behavior needs to be stopped.

Ahmed Alshami, 37, is charged with criminal possession of public benefit cards, misuse of food stamps and criminal use of a public benefit card for defrauding the welfare system.

Alshami is the owner and operator of IGA Express Mart, a corner deli at 271 Ludington in the City of Buffalo.

According to the Erie County District Attorney’s Office, between October 9, 2014 and March 21, 2016 Alshami is accused of buying EBT (food stamp) cards from people willing to trade them for cash. He usually paid people half of what the cards are worth. The people could then use the cash he gave them to buy drugs or alcohol ,which cannot be bought with the EBT card.

It is alleged that Alshami would use the food stamps to buy items to be sold in his store. Alshami’s wife, captured by television cameras at a court hearing, appears to be the same woman as the one seen in the video.
Alshami's bail was set at two million dollars.
Picture of Natan_el_Tigre52 achievements
Comment rated too low. Show this comment

-6 15. Natan_el_Tigre commented 2 years ago

Ah yes, the division and conquest of consumers. However, if you are ever in Buffalo, NY and thirsty:

http://www.snopes.com/muslim-soda-food-stamps/ O:)

PS, race is for racists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization) (i)
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

+1 16. sux2bu commented 2 years ago

#15 Thanks for verifying all I just said . Did you even read your whole link ?
Picture of Urmensch44 achievements

-4 17. Urmensch commented 2 years ago

#5 That 'Islam isn't a race, therefore there's no racism' is such bullshit. Islam now functions as a racial proxy.
The guy in the video actually says she should go back to where she comes from!
All the Far-Right parties are anti-Muslim. There is anti-Muslim bigotry and race hatred because the vast majority of Muslims are not European by origin. European converts are even called race traitors by the racist parties like Britain first, because they're too stupid to keep it up the pretence it is only about radical Islam. Calling White converts to Islam 'race traitors', which I heard personally, is a pretty glaring sign that it isn't just religious bigotry.

The rise of radical Islamism has been an opportunity for nativist racists to become more vocal. Just as this video's concentration on her being Muslim isn't just about her as a person who is engaged in criminal acts. It is meant to reflect on all Muslims.
Don't blather on about how this isn't racist when the guy tells her to go back where she comes from!

Sux's is quite obviously a bigot towards Muslims, and a racist to boot. His posts previously have included videos about the Muslim 'onslaught' in places like Sweden, as an example about the dangers of immigration. All the classic fodder from sites like Stormfront and their ilk.

I guessed this time that Sux's posted this when I saw the title in my feed. And I was right, as I have been before.
Picture of oleHashow30 achievements

+1 18. oleHashow commented 2 years ago

i dont get it is there a difference in value if you pay with real money or ebt card?
and how can this ebt card be so transferable?

besides you pay taxes with real money, not with food stamp cupons or ebts. or whatever you want to call this so called lesser money that can only be used to buy some items on market.
Why does gov chose to take your money and transfer it to a less value item and call it like its same thing. since it clearly isnt.

tbh gov is enriching itself at your expense. Your anger is missguided
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 19. Austin commented 2 years ago

#17. Urmensch - your comments are dead on re Sux's history, his expressed beliefs towards Muslims & Islam (he is a bigot and an Islamophobe as others have pointed out and he has certainly expressed racially tinged ideas and comments but I won’t go so far as to call him a racist - yet), and quite frankly (and sadly) the worst kind of internet troll. One who wants to exploit cultural, religious and racial differences to encourage fear and further divisions – all under the specious rubric of ‘safety’ and ‘cultural incompatibility’ and ‘protecting ‘our’ – see white Anglo Christian – way of life.

I don’t know why this vid was allowed on Sntor. It is clearly meant to be inflammatory. And it is the perfect vid. A woman who is engaging in a criminal act, using the dole for purposes of self-enrichment, and who happen to be a Muslim – which we can guess from her clothes. The perfect outrage trigger. Look she is cheating the govt and should be prosecuted. No one was asked why this ‘lawyer’ decided to follow her and investigate. Not his job or right but the right in America loves these kinds of video vigilantes. How many people did he harass and violate rights until he found this actual crim? And then the US govt doesn’t keep stats on govt assistance and religion (race yes and (2013 survey) 40.2 percent are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American) the American right hates this stat – whites always are the biggest proportion) but with respect to religion a quick google search showed the top links all point to AG jeff Sessions and a host of anti Muslim website proclaiming unsubstantiated / made up numbers like 80-90% of all Muslim families get gov’t assistance. If the US gov’t is forbidden from compiling stats re religion and assistance how does the right come up with such claims?? Easy – they make them up. But Sux’s doesn’t question numbers that support his prejudicial beliefs. Just like his love for Trump – no demonstrably false Trump claim was ever disbelieved by him

Anyway – this is a trolling vid of the worst kind IMHO. Pick one bad citizen, who happen to appear to be a Muslim and then generalize across all. And foment outrage. Thanks Sux. You have lived up to your name with this submission.
Picture of Judge-Jake51 achievements

+2 20. Judge-Jake commented 2 years ago

My goodness this has caused a big debate hasn't it. I think #17 You need to get off your high horse and read #14. If these facts are correct then the video above is valid. Like it or like it not the world is loosing patience with Islam and you can understand when this sort of thing occurs (in the video) people are going to get more pissed off than they would if it was a white American loading their car with items to sell on.
One of the problems as I see it and I don't know if this change has occurred in other countries, but previously when some misguided murderer has blown himself up in the name of Islam taking with him or her a group of innocent people, children, women occasionally including some from the Muslim religion, the Muslim population have been slow to condone the act. This is changing certainly in the UK where now Muslims (some) are actively distancing themselves from these morons. When they do in my opinion tensions ease , when they don't tensions increase.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 21. Austin commented 2 years ago

#20. Judge-Jake OK. Lets explore the threads that you provided in your comments.

I think it is quite celar that Sux posted this video to be inflammatory and as part of his own anti-Muslim beliefs. No one is arguing that this woman is not a criminal and should be persecuted if she is guilty.

In 2016, there were 3.3 million Muslims living in the United States, about 1% of the total U.S. population. 1%. So if Sux’s point was to express anger against benefits cheats then why did he select this person? She is hardly a fair representative of the cheating subset. 20-25% of the American public receives public assistance. Of those the % that are Muslim, assuming a standard distribution of argument’s sake would be very very small. But the video vigilante fond this one and Sux posted it. Why? Because the outrage is not the issue – elevating the Muslim aspect of her identity is. And that is bigoted and harmful.

> Like it or like it not the world is losing patience with Islam

And how did that come about? Oh wait, the US destabilized an entire region and created the conditions whereby Al Qaeda begat ISIS and a ton of new followers and an ability to develop affiliates around the world. The Americans had every right post 9/11 to go into Afghanistan IMHO. But they took it to Iraq and have created the situation that we all now face. That and global economic policies and corrupt gov’t in many Muslim majority nations which have kept people in poverty and oppressed (with US and European help) and you have the perfect conditions for a global jihad outbreak. This is not to excuse or condone violence but it does have an origin story that is over overlooked. And to resolve it will require more than bombs and drone stikes and occuypying forces.

>when some misguided murderer has blown himself up in the name of Islam taking with him or her a group of innocent people, children, women occasionally including some from the Muslim religion, the Muslim population have been slow to condone the act.

Fully agree with you here. But as you also write, this is starting to change in UK as Muslim communities are starting to speak up. Too late, yes, late is better than never and this must be supported and encouraged. Any counter terror person will tell you the best intel comes from within these insular communities. Community members often know who is becoming radicalized and a good relationship with law enforcement is vital. Muslim community members need to feel safe reporting people and a campaign, like Sux’s, to smear and vilify all Muslims, does not help anyone.
Picture of Judge-Jake51 achievements

0 22. Judge-Jake commented 2 years ago

#21 Elegantly put Austin and some very useful facts there. I guess first of all Snotr admin maybe shouldn't have allowed this video in the first place.?
The main issue overriding all of this is that when you talk out the USA doing this and the USA doing that, what you are really saying is that the powers that be, in the USA make these decisions and it often has very little to do with the man on the street.
Picture of Urmensch44 achievements

-1 23. Urmensch commented 2 years ago

#20 I did read his post at 14. It doesn't matter that the woman actually is a criminal, as Austin has explained well.

Don't tell me to get off my high horse. This is part of a pattern with Sux. He's free to present his distorted view of the world and the admins post it. I like the site which for the most part doesn't carry stuff like this.
So, I believe in free speech, and the antidote for bigoted speech is more speech.

This is all a repeat of history in the US, but then it was the Irish and Italians who were pointed to as the undesirables. Catholicism was explicitly one of the reasons that they were said to be treacherous; that their first loyalty would always be to Rome, a foreign power. Which is why I called bullshit on this attempt to make out it's only about religion. Anti-religious bigotry and racism go hand in hand.

It is almost exactly the same rhetoric against Muslims today.

Look up Puck magazine from turn of the 20th century with Irish racism and you'll see the same anti-immigrant stuff.
Here an example of one picture from the late 19th Century, with the Irishman brandishing a knife, like the Lucky Charms leprechaun hopped up on bath salts.

"The Mortar of Assimilation and the One Element that Won't Mix". 1889 cartoon showing Columbia stirring a bowl labeled "Citizenship" with a spoon labeled "Equal Rights". Figures representing many nations are in the bowl; a caricature of an Irish man jumps up yelling, waving a knife and a green flag.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mortar_of_Assimilation_Citizenship_1889.jpg

I know what I'm seeing and I won't be quiet.
Picture of Burimi59 achievements

+2 24. Burimi commented 2 years ago

#20 "...world is loosing patience with Islam...":S
Picture of Judge-Jake51 achievements

+1 25. Judge-Jake commented 2 years ago

My wish for this planet is that religion will die out once and for all. I am staggered that educated people (less staggered of the ignorant or those living in a one book society) still in 2017 believe in ancient tosh. There is more than enough evidence of the origin of life and it does not require a God to make it so. How many people have wasted their lives fighting and killing over superstitious nonsense. I for one do not want future generations looking back at me like we look back on those who called Witch and others who sacrificed people and animals to prevent the crops failing. It's time that people realised that you are born, you live a life, short or long and then you die and that's it. Maybe if everyone got that into their heads instead of constantly wanting more the world would be a less messed up place to live. <3
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

-1 26. thundersnow commented 2 years ago

Fortunately Austin here on snotr is intelligent and knowledgeable. We need more people like him to inform those who are subjected to inflammatory and distorted rhetoric, that bigots put on the media and share on video sites. As we all know this video was posted to instigate emotions of hate, and it's good to know that there are still some people left that see through that BS, and point it out to the rest. I know it's illegal to sell food stamps for cash (and WHO cares if this woman is muslim or not, she is American!), but there is another side to the story, maybe it's not such a bad idea to sell them, buy all the soda, sell it in your store for more than the food stamps were worth, make a bit more money to again buy food for your family. I'm not at all condoning illegal activities, but really, think about it, this is capitalism in its purest form, isn't that what the white Christian right wants and supports. The "lawyer" is a lier, besides he is harassing these two people which in itself is illegal too. Unfortunately I have to agree with some comments up there that over time I have noticed sux's frequent anti muslim comments here on snotr, and to put it frankly I find them distasteful and very anti-American.
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

-4 27. sux2bu commented 2 years ago

Here is the link on youtube where I saw the video. The only edit I did to the title was remove the word "nasty" from it because it was too ugly a term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMM4j7lHNXk&t=1s

The part that got my attention was the foul-mouthed tirade she went on and then said "fu*k America" while loading illegally-bought goods into her high dollar Lexus SUV to resell in her husband's store. This country has been pretty good to her evidently yet she has no gratitude for being able to live her life here. I find that attitude disgusting and worthy of making others aware of her rant , and evidently law enforcement found it interesting too. If a white-trash trailer park woman was exposed ranting like that while committing fraud I would have submitted that too.
This foul-mouthed b*tch and her husband are criminals, and with a two million dollar bail set on him they will probably get a taste of justice for once.
All the long-winded blowhard talk (garbage) about bigotry and racism has no effect on me , I call a spade a spade and a rat a rat. I made no "racist" remarks in my comment , only pointed-out that they did get caught (and maybe lawyer's video was seen by law-enforcement).
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 28. Austin commented 2 years ago

27. sux2bu with all due respect, your weak post hoc defence is complete bollocks.

Your world view, ideological positioning and prejudices are well known given your video submissions, posts and comments over the years. Yet you expect us to believe that anti-Muslim bias played no role in your posting of this video, that her religion was purely coincidental and that your only point was to highlight her criminal activity and use of profanity??. So the backlash you have received is unfair and in fact you yourself are a victim? Nice! So your defence is that you, an openly vocal Trump supporter, posted this video innocent of any bias and had NO idea of the hateful stereotype contained within? Ok then – clearly you didn’t think through what you were posting or you couldn’t be bothered to consider the ramifications. That makes you either not terribly bright or lazy but certainly not a victim.

I’d say the worst part of your feeble defence is your effort to scurry away and spin and deny the blowback you created. Stand by your principles man. Sack up and own the message and the anti-Muslin sentiments that you are propagating. Nothing is worse than a cowardly bigot but then again, in my experiences, most bigots and racists, when pressed are nothing but insecure cowards.
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

-2 29. sux2bu commented 2 years ago

28 I don't need to defend myself for submitting the video or my views on Islam , nor do I feel like a victim.
Being a Trump supporter puts me in good company with about half the country who are tired of failed liberal policies.
Some of you are so butt-hurt about this video being about a Muslim woman but not concerned about her illegal activities.
Looks like 53% up-voted this video,so at least some were offended by what she was doing.
Everything Islam stands for is against Western culture, so of course me and about half the planet is against the way women in some Muslim countries are abused and treated like like second class citizens. Sharia law is barbaric but many Muslims living in the US feel Sharia should be the law of the land. Many European countries opened their doors to hundreds of thousands of Middle Easterners with their foreign culture and now are learning a terrible lesson. Angela Merkel is probably going to be voted out of office because of her open-door policy to migrants.
ps what country did you say you are from? don't be a coward boy,speak up.
Picture of snotraddict44 achievements

-2 30. snotraddict commented 2 years ago

1) I love those who quote percentages of population and how small they are as justified why they're not dangerous. As I've stated before here on the SNOTR pages, my understanding is the Nazis took control over Germany when they were just 1% of the population. You can control a butt load of people with small numbers when you're violent like they are.

2) Polls have been taken in 1st world countries where Muslims would conceivably be more moderate, but they overwhelmingly believe in many of the main points of Islam and Sharia law.

So all you enablers can shame those who speak out against Muslims, but time will be the side of those of us who do. I don't care if the Muslims in England or France come out verbally against the violence, they're not the problem. Again, it takes a very small percentage to cause massive problems.
Picture of peacinu34 achievements

+4 31. peacinu commented 2 years ago

If found guilty for fraud she will get punished but then will be the perfect timing for her to use the "victim" and "race cards" and since Merica is such trapped in this political correctness and race fishnet, she will get out easy outta this.
Still I wonder what would be her punishment if she'd do and use use the same language in Middle East... Oh wait, no need to, there's LiveLeak. :P Nevermind.
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

-1 32. thundersnow commented 2 years ago

#29 Not even half the country are Trump supporters any longer. That's old statistics, and I'm not surprised. That man is not in for America, he's in for himself and his own personal business agenda! Those who voted for him did not think before they cast their vote. His ratings are slowly waning!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_apr10
Picture of Austin42 achievements

-1 33. Austin commented 2 years ago

# 30. snotraddict '[Muslims] overwhelmingly believe in many of the main points of Islam and Sharia law'

This is an often repeated fact (and I am not disagreeing with it) and it is used as both a tool and a argument by anti-Muslims to justifiy thier concersn, fears and prejudice.

Snotraddict - I would be grateful if you could tell us what these 'main points of Islam and Sharia law' are.

You know you dont like them - so what are they? Just a simple question. What are we talking about?? This is an honest question. What are say the top 5 the main points of Islam and Sharia law that are so incompatable and / or threatenting to Western and American democracy and society and a concern to you??

Looking forward to your reply.
Picture of thefox27 achievements

+2 34. thefox commented 2 years ago

The world would be a better place without Islam.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

-2 35. Austin commented 2 years ago

#34. thefox ‘The world would be a better place without Islam.

Ok fox, perhaps you have the courage and insight and words that Sux and snotraddict seem to be lacking.

They talk the anti-Islam talk but when pressed don’t seem to be able to articulate why. How about you?
Please indulge us. Why would the world be a better place without Islam specifically? Perhaps you can answer a question I posed earlier. What are say the top 5 the main points of Islam and Sharia law that are so incompatible and / or threatening to Western and American democracy and society and a concern to you??

Looking forward to your reply.
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

+1 36. thundersnow commented 2 years ago

Quiet now, no one responding.....
Picture of AmazingNixxo35 achievements

+3 37. AmazingNixxo commented 2 years ago

Oh, I've missed the fun this one...... :|:(
Well, here's obligatory #FuckIslam too, let's all hope the war with those barbarian cunts will be brutal and short whenever it starts...

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Picture of thefox27 achievements

+3 38. thefox commented 2 years ago

OK Austin, I'll try and offer an explantion for my view, although I, like yourself, am certainly no expert on Islam, so my advice to you if you want to learn more, is to get a good book on the subject and study it.

One of the reasons I thinkl Islam is so dangerous, is the rock-solid, fanatical belief many of its followers have in the centuries old words written in the Quran. Infidels such as you and I, are despised and hated, and many see it as their mission in life to rid the planet of them. As has been witnessed many times, the followers of Allah do not fear death in the execution of this duty, and in fact even embrace it.

All IMHO of course. :)
Picture of Austin42 achievements

-2 40. Austin commented 2 years ago

#38. thefox Kudos for the reply.

>although I, like yourself, am certainly no expert on Islam, so my advice to you if you want to learn more, is to get a good book on the subject and study it.

a) Please don’t presume to know my knowledge about Islam. I am not the one proclaiming fear and the suggestion that ‘the world would be a better place without Islam’. You are. I would hope that such a position would be grounded in knowledge and substantive contemplation. So far you haven’t demonstrated anything but the recitation of unsupported claims and hysteria.

b) Suggesting that I get a book and study is both amusing and irrelevant. I do read widely and never assume to know everything about anything. And unlike you I try to avoid making gross stereotypes and characterizations.

>Islam is so dangerous, is the rock-solid, fanatical belief many of its followers have in the centuries old words written in the Quran.

'The fanatical beliefs of many of its followers'. Of course NO empirical evidence is given to support this ludicrous claim. Nor could you ever find any reliable data.

> its followers have in the centuries old words written in the Quran.

So you presumably have the exact same concerns with Jews who view the Torah and its teaching as the indisputable word of god or all of the Evangelical Christians who hold the bible as the true and immutable word of god? Of course not. But Islam is scary….

>Infidels such as you and I, are despised and hated, and many see it as their mission in life to rid the planet of them and many see it as their mission in life to rid the planet of them.

Again a grotesque characterization and stereotype based in nothing empirical but your own bigoted fears. There are hundreds of millions of Muslims who simply want to lead a healthy productive life, raise a family, and be good citizens and live with and amongst people of other faiths.

> As has been witnessed many times, the followers of Allah do not fear death in the execution of this duty, and in fact even embrace it.

Yes, no argument there, but this is the hallmark of a religious zealot and it is certainly not just a Muslim phenomenon. Christians, Jews, Hindus have produced followers who didn’t fear death and committed atrocities in the name of God. This is the danger of zealots and IMHO orthodoxical teachings / leaders that seeks to privilege one God over another. The Bible does this by the way. Just like the Qur’an. And yes, I have read both and am equally critical of both.

So basically your fears and bigotry and stance re Islam stems from gross overgeneralizations and media fed stereotypes. And your desire to privilege one religion that you may be more familiar with over another. And peoples as well – you have also expressed an anti-immigrant bias as well in past posts. You really are the prototypical Brexiteer aren’t you.
Picture of thefox27 achievements

+3 41. thefox commented 2 years ago

"Please don’t presume to know my knowledge about Islam."

You either have an in depth knowledge of the subject, or you don't, and given that you are desperately seeking answers from people regarding the statement " [Muslims] overwhelmingly believe in many of the main points of Islam and Sharia law", after sayingt that this is something that you do not disagree with, would suggest the latter.

"'The fanatical beliefs of many of its followers'. Of course NO empirical evidence is given to support this ludicrous claim. Nor could you ever find any reliable data. "

I haven't counted them, if that's what you mean, but read the newspapers and watch the TV, you'll get the idea.

"So you presumably have the exact same concerns with Jews who view the Torah and its teaching as the indisputable word of god or all of the Evangelical Christians who hold the bible as the true and immutable word of god? Of course not. But Islam is scary…. "

Yes Islam is scary, because I don't recall any groups of radical Jews or evangelical Christians carrying out random attacks on the public, bombimgs, beheadings, setting fire to people, killing cartoonists, executing apostates or throwing gays off tall buildings recently . Do you?

" There are hundreds of millions of Muslims who simply want to lead a healthy productive life, raise a family, and be good citizens and live with and amongst people of other faiths. "

Of course NO empirical evidence is given to support this ludicrous claim. Nor could you ever find any reliable data.

"Christians, Jews, Hindus have produced followers who didn’t fear death and committed atrocities in the name of God. "

In the far distant past, yes. But this is the 21st Century, not the dark ages, though followers of Islam appear not to have noticed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that's cleared things up for you Austin. Incidentally, I don't believe it indicates any degree of kudos that I decided to reply to you. After all, it's not as if I'm addressing the Pope or the Dalai Lama or anybody important. You're just another keyboard turkey.

I'll let you have the last word now. Something tells me that is of the utmost importance to you.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

-3 42. Austin commented 2 years ago

#41. thefox LOL Nice little self-fulfilling prediction ‘I'll let you have the last word now. Something tells me that is of the utmost importance to you’

If you mischaracterize a statement of mine or throw out more uninformed ‘fact’s’ to reinforce unsupported gross mischaracterizations and stereotypes then yes, it will engender a response. This has nothing to with getting in the last word. If you didn’t post so many questionable words and statements there would be no need to respond. But you did hence a response.

>You either have an in depth knowledge of the subject, or you don't,

What kind of binary world do you live in? One can be well read and informed but not feel that he or she has in depth knowledge. It is what motivates academics and intellectuals and thinking people – to always learn and be exposed to new ideas, information and perspectives.

>I haven't counted them, if that's what you mean, but read the newspapers and watch the TV, you'll get the idea.

I guessed those were your sources, given your biases, the media that any one individual consumes is a terrible and inherently flawed metric to use when trying to gauge both frequency of occurrence and statistical significance with respect to population size. The media is limited by time, word count, questions of accuracy, what events they decide to cover and what events they don’t, ideological motivations etc etc . Just look at American fox news. They drive a brilliant propaganda campaign that has determined the outcome of elections – facts and truth be dammed.

>Yes Islam is scary, because I don't recall any groups of radical Jews or evangelical Christians carrying out random attacks on the public, bombings, beheadings, setting fire to people, killing cartoonists, executing apostates or throwing gays off tall buildings recently . Do you?

Ah yes. Your memory is selective. Jews, look at Irgun and the violence leading up to the state of Israel and west bank settlers who commit mass murder and violence in the name of Zionism. Christians. You have forgotten about the troubles’ in Northern Ireland. Murder, torture and executions galore. The Fundamentalists who kill abortion providing doctors in the US and blow up clinics and firebomb them This includes attacking reporters and the press who report things they don’t care for. So there is lots of violence and death that you have chosen to ignore.

> " There are hundreds of millions of Muslims who simply want to lead a healthy productive life, raise a family, and be good citizens and live with and amongst people of other faiths. "Of course NO empirical evidence is given to support this ludicrous claim. Nor could you ever find any reliable data.

Oh you are so clever. Throwing my words at me. And ignoring common sense and logic Sigh. 1.1 billion Muslims in the world. How many of them are terrorists? Basic logic would dictate that yes, are hundreds of millions of Muslims who are peaceful and simply wish to get on with life. I don’t need to prove a negative – you made the claim therefore the burden is on you.

> "Christians, Jews, Hindus have produced followers who didn’t fear death and committed atrocities in the name of God. " In the far distant past, yes. But this is the 21st Century,

So the 20th century is the far distant past? see above examples and look at India for Hindus slaughtering Muslims all throughout the century BTW.

You clearly don’t have an in depth knowledge of the (on going) history of religious violence – I would suggest you read a book or two. And sadly your bigotry is rooted in what appears to be selective and wilful ignorance. But don’t let that stop you, not that it ever has.
Picture of oleHashow30 achievements

-2 43. oleHashow commented 2 years ago

Thefox you just scared of Islam couse you dont know it.
if you would know it you would probably think otherwise and saw, through religion and real reason for those acts.
America is in constant war since its revolution and before and im scared of USA.
and in every war they go, they use god as excuse.
So someone could argue this god is scary as well and we would be better of without it.

And as you say every person can be extremist you just need to push him far enough.
No matter the religion or faith he has.
Still i would argue that majority probably more than 95% of those things you mention were made by men not woman.

So we could argue that we would be better of without men or at least let women in charge. They like to talk and see other perspective. Man is to strait forward and it soon comes to my way or high way to heaven (or hell).
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

0 44. thundersnow commented 2 years ago

This is a good discussion.
Picture of snotraddict44 achievements

+1 45. snotraddict commented 2 years ago

Wow, I've missed some goings on here!

#33 Austin: I'll make a few points but I don't have the time to get into the weeds like you want. First point is the much of the world's social elites are failing the moderate Muslims, because they are treating the overall Muslim population like they are a minority (when in fact they represent about 24% of the worlds population and if I recall correctly their birth rate is much stronger than the West in general), by not talking frankly about the problems within this "religion". They often shut down discussions by tagging those that voice concerns as racists and pull out the PC cards. Another way is by under reporting things that go on within this sect in communities. It happens with other groups as well, but when you hide information, you don't allow an honest discussion.

A few Sharia laws and/or beliefs that are incompatible with the rest of the world:

1) homosexuals. Overwhelming against. When Christians are against homosexuals they are shouted at into oblivion.

2) You should be killed if you leave the faith. The West mostly believes in freedom of religion. Almost 90% of Egyptians believe death is an appropriate response if you leave the religion.

3) Freedom of speech in the West. My understanding is almost 80% of British Muslims believe the Danish cartoonists should have been prosecuted and I'm sure that also means subsequently killed.

4) the way they treat women (often similar to homosexuals). Which at face value blows me away how women coddle this group. Again, not a small minority in their views of women.

5) Just in general if you don't convert we'll kill you.

There's more but I've got better things to do than this.

One thing to consider and I've heard it described this way, look at it like the core of the earth with it's various layers, the center is the hardcore Jihadists who have strong beliefs that they are willing to die for. You have another layer of Islamists that also have these same beliefs but are not willing to go out and kill others, but support them in beliefs and would help in many ways. Just those 2 layers alone are upwards of 20% or more. The 3rd layer perhaps is the more moderate and like any groups with beliefs, the moderate group swings both ways and covers a lot of ground, some believing a lot of what the other 2 sects believe and then the farther out part of this layer that only believe a few things. So the numbers get pretty big, pretty quickly.

My question is, for those that want to allow them here in your communities, how do you know who is who? ISIS has said, we'll put Jihadis into the stream of refugees. I take them at their word, and I want to know, how do we sort them out because our collective governments are too lazy, too stupid and too ineffective to do that.

And finally, those that are Muslim and speak out against the crazies, if/when the crazies show up on their doorstep, what will be their response. I have an Egyptian friend who is very strong believer in his religion, very devout, super super nice guy, not an inkling of hate within, but I do wonder, if and when they would approach the 2 of us with the question of who's side are you on, I'm not sure he'd walk with me. When the knife is at your throat, which side do you take? I've got a feeling I know what choice all or many of the moderates will go. You're naive if you think they'll walk with you. ;)
Picture of oleHashow30 achievements

-1 46. oleHashow commented 2 years ago

#45. snotraddict
Not sure when we got knife in this fight but i guess smart thing to do is play along see what happens if you convert since the other way is certain death.
What to chose our believes or their believes?
it depends in what layer you are, closer to core harder to swing and therefor more likely to kill or be killed for your believes.
And like you said most people are in swing state. They dont care one way or the other "just give me peace and well be fine". And that means for all groups or nations.
As you said this number goes up quickly it goes up even faster with more of those earth cores(like muslim cristianity and so on)

Why do you thrust ISIS when they say they will do something and dont thrust your goverment when they say they will do something?
Maybe we could, go out on a limb and invite one or a family of refugees into our house and live with them exchange our points and maybe ill go to far here but use them as a protection as we are being good to them they might be good to us and tell those bad ones we are ok. :)

Numbers 2 and 5 are kinda the same and 3 is mild version of same category
do bodily or economic harm ? for a country with probably 1st in lawsuits and killing in general, like domestic wasting your own lives or abroad, USA is no.1
So you are kinda same shit as you portray them,
We must admit considering there are 24% of them world wide their kill count should be much better dont you agree?

1 and 4 are kinda same Its not like any country could be a shining sample of gay and women rights. sure it is getting better. but not even close at the point. where you can point out at others and say how bad are they. its a weak move and a distraction.

2007 – Senator Barack Obama, campaigning for the presidency, pledges that if elected he will repeal the "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell" policy within 100 days of taking office and allow gay men and women to serve openly in the military.
took him 3 years to do that
June 26, 2013 – U.S. Supreme Court strikes down a portion of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which restricted federal employees in same sex marriages — including military families — from receiving federal benefits.
As i understand above like 20 years ago you decided to hate gays and 15 years later you thought you were wrong. Who knows what will happen in next 3 and a half :)

As for women maybe we could say its like 100 year history and equality is still a dream
Also i think their women are covered, couse men cant handle them selfs just think Trump grab her by the pussy and o those 3 Bills O'Reilly and Cosby and Clinton.

Dont you think paedophiles in catholic church was underreported, not by media but catholic church itself?