This Mushroom Starts Killing You Before You Even Realize It

The notorious death cap mushroom causes poisonings and deaths around the world. If you were to eat these unassuming greenish mushrooms by mistake, you wouldn’t know your liver is in trouble until several hours later.
A toxin in the mushroom destroys your liver cells. Dr. Kent Olson, co-medical director of the San Francisco Division of the California Poison Control System, said that for the first six to 12 hours after they eat the mushroom, victims of the death cap feel fine. During that time, a toxin in the mushroom is quietly injuring their liver cells. Patients then develop severe abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. “They can become very rapidly dehydrated from the fluid losses,” said Olson. Dehydration can cause kidney failure, which compounds the damage to the liver. For the most severe cases, the only way to save the patient is a liver transplant.

Read more ›

Login to rate this video.

You can place this video on your website by inserting the (X)HTML code below:

Options:
pixels
pixels
Embed code:
<iframe src="https://www.snotr.com/embed/20068" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can email this video to your friends by entering their addresses below:

Your information:
Recipients:

add Add another recipient

Human verification:

People who liked this video also liked

Spinning Chocolate Joy
Inflating a CD
3 little bears and momma play on hammock
Walking on beautiful clean ice in Slovakian Mountains
Guy gets caught stealing 5 sandwiches from convenience store
A Falcon flying at 70 mph!

Comments

7 comments posted so far. Login to add a comment.

Expand all comments

Picture of Abdullah5419 achievements

+2 1. Abdullah54 commented 2 years ago

Got it in Europe as well. One of the very few poisonous mushrooms here, but this one wins. Personally knew a guy who died after mistakenly eating it and spent several days in hospital :(.
Picture of thundersnow58 achievements

+7 2. thundersnow commented 2 years ago

#1 Why did he spend several days in the hospital after he died?...O:) :squirrel:
Picture of snotraddict44 achievements

-1 3. snotraddict commented 2 years ago

Just say no to mushrooms. That's been my mantra my whole life. :)
Picture of bella131 achievements

+2 4. bella1 commented 2 years ago

When i go bushwalking i only eat the gold top mushrooms they are delicious and make you feel relaxed
Picture of Judge-Jake52 achievements

+1 5. Judge-Jake commented 2 years ago

Fairly sure at 0.53 in the video there was a mushroom doing card tricks, ironically at the same moment the woman said it was very magical when you are there lol.:D:D:D
Picture of buckleg0856 achievements

0 6. buckleg08 commented 36 days ago

would not eat something i am not sure of...:|
Picture of Judge-Jake52 achievements

0 7. Judge-Jake commented 36 days ago

Wooo watch your mushrooms. :squirrel: