More People Leaving California For Tax-Free Nevada

More and more people are fleeing the Bay Area for a less taxing lifestyle.

Login to rate this video.

You can place this video on your website by inserting the (X)HTML code below:

Options:
pixels
pixels
Embed code:
<iframe src="https://www.snotr.com/embed/20487" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can email this video to your friends by entering their addresses below:

Your information:
Recipients:

add Add another recipient

Human verification:

People who liked this video also liked

A Camera-trap captures the local wild life.
Unpaid contractor destroys hotel reception with digger
Barber prank
[815] Public Storage Upgrades to PacLock Disc Padlock Pro 1000
1,200 crayola colored pencils form the body of this electric guitar
Penguin got split from friends

Comments

14 comments posted so far. Login to add a comment.

Expand all comments

Picture of Judge-Jake51 achievements

+5 1. Judge-Jake commented 19 days ago

Yeah well I guess that's that then.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

-3 2. Austin commented 19 days ago

And the point of this video is???? Who submitted this? Oh… now I get it.

Suxy starts 2019 with another pointless thinly veiled libertarian rant / protest against taxation and big government – with an utterly silly comparison.

Yes, Nevada does not have an income tax. It also has a state budget for 2018 of $8.1 billion and a population of 3,060,150 people.

California on the other had has a 2018 budget of $190.3 billion and a population of 39.78 million. More importantly, California is the world's fifth-largest economy, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. Its 2017 Gross State Product was $2.747 trillion. That economy and population requires services and those are paid for by taxes. They go hand in hand.

What is the point of this Suxy? This is the beauty of America. If you do not like the state and its services for all of its citizens then you are free to move. Taxes in California are making people move elsewhere. Ok. And as we have learned from your past posts you are a ‘maker’ and you do not like paying for ‘takers’. And you built your life and family with no government support. Except for the roads, police, military, city and state governments, water, electricity etc. etc… all things taxation made possible.

Anyway, I get your point. You do not like taxation and regulation – especially on guns. Good on you mate. Looks like 2019 is going to be no different from past years with Senor Suxy.
Picture of snotraddict44 achievements

+1 3. snotraddict commented 18 days ago

#2 It's funny how you rant with suppositions as strong as those you've chastised for doing the same. "And you built your life and family with no government support." Please, retire that old rant that ruins your credibility. No one believes that the basic government responsibilities are not necessary and by far the majority support those taxes.

As a resident the nuance is, the quality of life and the bang for your buck. CA having the 5th largest economy means almost nothing. We can name Hollywood and sports celebrities who've made tons of money, yet are broke. Income is just one part of the equation, it's the management of it that's the problem and CA has been voted the worst or one of the worst in this manner. A lot of the economy is in the tech sector that is primarily in the Bay Area (near San Francisco).

The state has been managed primarily by one party for decades (yes we've had Republican governors here and there, but you kinda have to be a weak governor in that respect to get elected) and currently the ratio is 75% Democrats. That one-party rule is never good irregardless of which party it is.

Highest taxes means you should be getting things done, but that's not the case.

Highest or near highest sales taxes. With some local municipalities adding their own it approaches 10%+.

Highest gas and car taxes (usage tax) yet we have the worst roads. Our gas prices are generally $1 or more per gallon than the rest of the nation.

Highest utility prices yet the worst infrastructure. The infrastructure is so bad it causes the massive fires that have killed 100's of people and damaged billions of dollars in property in recent years with legal protection from responsibility by the legislature. And the legislature voted to allow the electric companies to bill us for their increased costs that will stem from the lawsuits.

Highest income taxes. Before the millionaire tax was passed a few years ago, our highest tax bracket was at 9% and that 9% starts at mid $50k and goes to $1 million. $50k in CA is almost poverty level. Who taxes their highest rate at such a low level? Some states don't even tax their most wealthy at that level.

Property taxes- thankfully the people passed Prop13 in the mid 70's or we'd have the highest property taxes. Still it's in the mid teens as far as state ranking but we offset that with some of the highest real estate prices.

Almost half of the state budget goes to one department- schools, and they are the worst performing.

12% of the nation's population, yet we have 35% of the nation's welfare cases.

Highest poverty rate in the nation.

33% of the state is on Medi-Cal (no or low cost medical care)

The only state carbon tax in the nation that will do absolutely nothing to combat climate change.

Quality of life:

And for all of those "highest or near highest taxes", the quality of life is homeless everywhere where there's feces, typhus and hepA & C, drug needles and trash. Rampant crime with little to no punishment.

10's of thousands of state prisoners (I repeat, state prisoners- these are not for unpaid parking tickets or for a joint, these are the worst offenders in the state) released into the streets.

Sanctuary cities where criminal aliens are NOT deported, but allowed to stay and continue to commit crimes against innocent citizens not to mention the 1000's of people whose identities are stolen and ruined for life.

Aaaaa, the California Dream provided to you by the CA Democrat party. ;)
Picture of Judge-Jake51 achievements

+1 4. Judge-Jake commented 18 days ago

Well I don't think there is a God. :D
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 5. Austin commented 18 days ago

Snoty, you make many bombastic claims. Let’s see how they stack up to reality by fact checking your claims!!

>Highest or near highest sales taxes. Not true.
The five states with the highest average combined state and local sales tax rates are Louisiana (10.02 percent), Tennessee (9.46 percent), Arkansas (9.41 percent), Washington (9.18 percent), and Alabama (9.10 percent). California is 9th. https://taxfoundation.org/

>Highest gas tax. Almost accurate. Pennsylvania's gas tax rate is highest at 58.7 cents per gallon, followed by California (55.22 cpg)

>car taxes (total). Wrong California is the 8th highest. 7. Kansas, 6. Missouri,5. Louisiana, 4. Arkansas, 3. Nevada, 2. Arizona and 1. Rhode Island

> Highest utility prices (electricity) . False. Hawaii has the highest residential electricity prices in the United States, then South Carolina, Alabama, Connecticut, and Maryland. CA is in the lowest bracket. https://www.eia.gov/

> we have the worst roads. Almost accurate. California is 3rd. Rhode Island and Connecticut are rated worse.

>Highest income taxes. Accurate. 2018 California 13.3%, Hawaii 11%, Oregon 9.9%, Minnesota 9.85%; Iowa 8.98%, New Jersey 8.97%, Vermont 8.95%, District of Columbia 8.95%

Now the big pack of mistruths…
>12% of the nation's population, yet we have 35% of the nation's welfare cases.
Misleading. States with the most people on food stamps, District of Columbia, Mississippi., new Mexico. West Virginia. Oregon. Tennessee. Louisiana. California is not in the top 15

>State spending on welfare. WRONG 1. New York , 2. Alaska,3. Massachusetts 4. Vermont 5. Minnesota 6. New Mexico, 7. Delaware, 8. Maine, 9. Oregon, 10. Kentucky CA ranks 45th (https://www.foxbusiness.com)

>Highest poverty rate in the nation. False. California is ranked #35. (Wikipedia)

>Rampant crime with little to no punishment.
False. Ranks 34th out of 50. (https://www.usnews.com)

>10's of thousands of state prisoners (I repeat, state prisoners- these are not for unpaid parking tickets or for a joint, these are the worst offenders in the state) released into the streets.

Tens of thousands of the worst offenders – hyperbolic nonsense. Yes, early release to ease overcrowding but your repeating of a Fox news talking point does not make it accurate or true. Show me the numbers via a proper study – not breathless alt-right fearmongering. An statistical increase in crime due to early parolees in CA.

>Sanctuary cities where criminal aliens are NOT deported, but allowed to stay and continue to commit crimes against innocent citizens etc. FALSE AND A LIE. Good Fox talking point but all empirical evidence, actual studies, have shown no evidence of this correlation. But dont let that stop you repeating such demagogic lies.

June 19, 2018. Journal Criminology . Do places with higher percentages of undocumented immigrants have higher rates of crime? The answer is a resounding no.

‘States with larger shares of undocumented immigrants tended to have lower crime rates than states with smaller shares in the years 1990 through 2014. "Increases in the undocumented immigrant population within states are associated with significant decreases in the prevalence of violence,". The data was analysed 57 ways but not one showed any positive relationship between illegal immigration and crime. Conclusion - not only does illegal immigration not increase crime, but it may actually contribute to the drop in overall crime rates observed in the United States in recent decades.

Snoty you really need to get your fact and figures right. A great majority of your claims regarding California are either false, misleading, or not as strong as you claim. And your rants against illegal immigrants and crime is empirically wrong, multiple studies have shown this, but also reveals your racist tendencies – yet again.
Picture of thundersnow57 achievements

0 6. thundersnow commented 16 days ago

A very one-sided description of California, one of the most beautiful states in the US.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 7. Austin commented 16 days ago

One sided and a rant chock full of bias, bigotry, whinging and lies.

My favourite is the argument that California’s Proposition 47 (early release program) was responsible for an increase in crime.

Snotty out-Foxed himself in his gross misrepresentation of basically everything.

> 10's of thousands of state prisoners (I repeat, state prisoners- these are not for unpaid parking tickets or for a joint, these are the worst offenders in the state) released into the streets.

'Worst of the worst.. Bollcoks. That is a flat out lie. A hyperbolic Faux News lie.

In 2014, Proposition 47 reduced a handful of drug and property crimes from felonies to misdemeanours. Those crimes include possession of certain drugs as well as petty theft, receiving stolen property and forging/writing bad checks when the amount involved is $950 or less.

This was not the worst of the worst. Big Snotty’s lie #1.

Numbers tell the story. So the crime stats in CA from 2014-16 did show an increase in violent crime rates, per 100,000 people, from 393.3 to 443.9. And property crime rates per 100,000 people rose from 2,459 to 2,544.4.

Oh, my Snotty and his alt-ilk must be correct… however, something Snotty cannot grasp, causation is NOT correlation.

First, 2014, happened to be the year in which the property crime rate hit the lowest ever recorded by the state. Consequently, the increase from 2014 to 2016 turned out to be a case in which California’s property crime rate rose from the lowest on record to the second-lowest on record.

Secondly, between 2006 and 2016, as the prison population fell from 163,000 to 115,000, statewide violent crime rates per 100,000 fell by 17 percent and property crime rates fell by 20 percent. ” It has been reasonably argued that California long passed the point of diminishing returns with respect to crime in packing so many people in state prisons.

Furthermore, according to Public Policy Institute of California any discussion of crime and crime increases in California is within the context of historically low crime rates.

Then in 2018 researchers from the University of California, Irvine released the findings of their research into the impact of Prop 47 on violent and property crimes. The researchers compared California’s crime trends since 2014 to the trends of a “synthetic California” comprised of states – New York, Nevada, Michigan and New Jersey – which have had similar crime trends to California from 1970-2015.

Their findings?

“Our findings suggest Proposition 47 is not responsible for increases in homicide, rape, aggravated assault or robbery,” the researchers note in a fact sheet summarising their research. “While our findings appear to show that larceny and motor vehicle thefts increased following Proposition 47’s enactment these findings don’t hold up to additional testing.”

This research adds to a growing body of evidence that, contrary to the hysterical claims of those most opposed to criminal justice reforms like Prop 47, the reforms undertaken by California in recent years do not make us less safe.

However, do not let reality and stats get on the way of a good fear mongering meme Snotty. Proper longitudinal research has shown that your argument does not hold water. And you are just trafficking in lies.

https://www.ppic.org/publication/crime-trends-in-california/
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/07/is-proposition-47-responsible-for-crime-increases-in-california/
Picture of thundersnow57 achievements

0 8. thundersnow commented 16 days ago

Thank you, #7 for always doing the work of researching claims made by "certain" people, and then setting the record straight. I know it's very time consuming, but if it wouldn't be done, we would be overrun by lies, similar as it is occurring on a big scale with the current US administration on a daily basis.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 9. Austin commented 15 days ago

Thank you Thunders.

Now that we have entered an era where facts and empirical evidence can apparently be ignored or dismissed as have a ‘bias’, or ‘alternative acts’ can be presented and treated by some as legitimate, I think it is incumbent on all to call out lies as lies and to not let mistruths or falsehoods go unchallenged. Especially when in the service of bigoted, racist or hateful arguments.

Snotty spewed a whole slew of ½ truths, distortions and lies. Notice his silence and lack of rebuttal. That is the thing with these bombastic alt-righters, many are cowards who live in echo chambers and cannot think critically. The moment someone calls them out on their rubbish – they scurry away.
Picture of thundersnow57 achievements

0 10. thundersnow commented 14 days ago

#9 Yes, and if you call them out on their scurrying away behavior, they turn everything around, acting as if the other side is the bad and aggressive one, and they don't want to talk to people like that, but in reality they cannot deal with hearing facts.
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

-2 11. sux2bu commented 13 days ago

Millionaires Leaving California Over Taxes Is Nothing New.
Many Californians complain about high taxes, and some vote with their feet, moving to no-tax states like Nevada, Texas, Washington or Florida. A recent report says that dozens of millionaires fled California after the 2012 tax increase. Even my state of Virginia has gained companies moving out of California.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/california-companies-leave-taxes/

California's business climate has deteriorated to the point that a consultant who specializes in helping companies find new locations is now – for the first time in his career – openly urging businesses to relocate out of state.
The recommendation comes in an update to studies about companies departing California for business-friendly states. It found that 1,800 relocation or "disinvestment events" occurred in 2016 (the most recent year available), setting a record yearly high going back to 2008 – and that about 13,000 companies left the state during that nine-year period.
"The top reason to leave the state no longer is high taxes," he said. "The legal climate has become so difficult that companies should consider locating in jurisdictions where they will be treated fairly.
In California, a "tipping point" has been reached with a new statute that puts businesses in a "lose-lose" situation no matter how hard a company tries to operate in a legal manner.
The new Immigrant Worker Protection Act states that an employer that follows Federal immigration law is now violating California law, is committing a crime, and is subject to fines. However, it's also a crime if employer fails to follow Federal immigration law.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

0 12. Austin commented 13 days ago

#11. sux2bu. Once again, we are all left wondering what is the point of this video?

People all over the world hate taxation and unlike many other countries, you Americans have the option to move to another state. Most of us who live outside Umerica and in higher tax countries usually don’t have such freedom so your whinging is really falling on deaf unsympathetic ears. You have options we don’t so please zip it on the complaints.

Furthermore, the video gives you, and an your alt-buddy Snotty, a forum in which to vent your clear dislike of taxes, government, liberals, regulations, and the State of California. Ok. But it is really a self-indulgent and self-gratifying activity. First you subject us to your pointless alt-porn and then we are treated to you and Snotty gratifying one another with additional anti taxation and California screeds (with assorted lies tossed in as a reach around). If the two of you want to jerk each other off, ok, but please spare the rest of us on Snotr. You want to knock one out with your buddy on the Internet? Head over to the Daily Caller. I am sure they would be happy to set up good dogging party.
Picture of sux2bu67 achievements

-2 13. sux2bu commented 13 days ago

#12 "Once again, we are all left wondering what is the point of this video?"
Who is this "we" you refer to? You and your one or two groupies that hang on your every vulgar utterance?
I and others don't really care what you think the point of the video is, but everything in the video and my comments are proven facts
about what is going on in a state where politicians tax people and companies to the point where they can't take it anymore.
You like to argue about things you know nothing about except what you read. People in California care a lot about
what is going on in their state whether you do of not. You certainly do not speak for the whole snotr community and your vulgar
sexual innuendo is not really welcomed on this site.
Picture of Austin42 achievements

+1 14. Austin commented 12 days ago

Suxy, you really should take some time away from your alt-ranting and read up on what are called cognitive biases. Given your past postings and your alt-leanings I am not surprised that you have selected a publication, the Investor's Business Daily (IBD) which holds ‘a conservative political stance’. This is just speculation but I am reasonably confident that you suffer from what is known as Confirmation Bias. You have selected an authoritative source that comports with your conservative worldview – thus confirming you dislike of things liberal and big intrusive governmenty and California is the perfect poster child for your venting.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/68705/20-cognitive-biases-affect-your-decisions

‘California does have high taxes, that is a known known. However, it also has some benefits.

It took me 2 minutes of research to find some counter facts via https://fitsmallbusiness.com/best-states-to-start-a-business/

"California ranks low on our list (43rd) due to high taxes, cost of living, and the cost of starting a business. However, it gets an honourable mention because the state is home to some of the most entrepreneurial and startup-friendly cities in the country.

Not only is Los Angeles the 3rd most entrepreneurial city in the U.S. according to our recent study, San Francisco ranked 7th and San Diego ranked 13th. In addition, San Diego and Los Angeles are the 6th and 9th best cities for start-ups according to our 2018 study, respectively."

* So California is attractive to some - not just all millionaires. *

And I am curious why you, a working man, is so concerned about millionaires? Your concern for the upper 11% of society (2018 estimates) is interesting to say the least

And hyperbole much?

> in a state where politicians tax people and companies to the point where they can't take it anymore.
You make it sound like a civil war is about to break out.

Reality check.

‘California lost about 1.4 percent of its population to other states over five years.22 May 2018’
That doesn't sound like wide spread fleeing

> You like to argue about things you know nothing about except what you read.
Heaven forbid I become informed on an issue by reading… you should try it sometime but may I suggest a range of sources, not just ones that agree with your world view.

>People in California care a lot about what is going on in their state whether you do of not.
??

Never said they didn’t. Simply commented that your video is and was and remains a self-indulgent self-pleasuring rant. And on that note I think I am done being your fluffer. Time for some wine and a late dinner. Always a pleasure to engage with you Suxy. Until next time.