Ground Control Shoots the Shit with SEATAC Plane Hijacker

Login to rate this video.

You can place this video on your website by inserting the (X)HTML code below:

Embed code:
<iframe src="" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You can email this video to your friends by entering their addresses below:

Your information:

add Add another recipient

Human verification:

People who liked this video also liked think You're hard done by?
Something the music industry doesn't have
Smoking cones
Duo Transcend: Dangerous Trapeze Act Goes Wrong - America's Got Talent 2018
Chiyonokuni vs Takanoyama
An unusual crash for two race bikes


3 comments posted so far. Login to add a comment.

Expand all comments

Picture of Judge-Jake53 achievements

+3 1. Judge-Jake commented 256 days ago

Hey you can't leave it there, now I've got to go to Google...I have a bad feeling though...
Picture of CornPops5 achievements

+1 2. CornPops commented 255 days ago

This guy ended up crashing.. but at least he got to do a barrel roll!
Picture of poppy1238 achievements

0 3. poppy12 commented 248 days ago

no response.[5] A nearby Alaska Airlines jet on the ground reported that the aircraft began a takeoff roll with its wheels smoking,[5] and an unauthorized take-off was made at 19:32 local time (02:32 UTC, August 11).[1][7][8][9] In response, two McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagles of the Oregon Air National Guard's 142nd Fighter Wing under the command of NORAD[10] were scrambled at around 20:15 local time[11] from Portland Air National Guard Base to intercept it. Both were armed with AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM-120 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles[12] and went supersonic, generating sonic booms on the way to the Puget Sound area.[4][13] A KC-135R Stratotanker refueling tanker was also scrambled from Fairchild Air Force Base to support the F-15 flight.[12] Flights in and out of the airport were temporarily suspended.[7]

Seattle–Tacoma air traffic control (ATC) maintained radio contact with the occupant.[14] The transmissions were on an open frequency and were quickly posted on social media websites.[15] He said he was a "broken guy, got a few screws loose I guess. Never really knew it until now."[16] When ATC suggested that the plane be landed at Joint Base Lewis–McChord, the occupant refused: "Those guys will rough me up if I try and land there. I think I might mess something up there, too. I wouldn't want to do that."[17] He asked ATC if he could get a job as a pilot with Alaska Airlines if he successfully landed the aircraft. ATC said that "they would give you a job doing anything if you could pull this off," to which he replied "Yeah right! Nah, I'm a white guy."[18] He spoke of wanting to do "a couple maneuvers to see what [the aircraft] can do," and requested the coordinates of an orca that had been brought to national attention, saying, "I want to go see that guy." He stated that he did not want to hurt anyone,[17][19] and in the final minutes of the communication apologized to his friends and family.[15] Near the end of the flight, the aircraft was filmed doing aerobatic maneuvers over Puget Sound, footage of which appeared on social media.[20] A veteran pilot said the maneuvers "seemed pretty well executed, without either stalling or pulling the wings off."[21] When an air traffic controller requested he land the plane after these maneuvers, he said "I don't know. I don't want to. I was kind of hoping that was gonna be it, you know?"[16][19] He added that he "wasn't really planning on landing it."[22]

The two F-15s attempted to direct the aircraft toward the Pacific Ocean, and did not fire at it.[23] The Q400 ultimately crashed at 20:43 local time[1] on Ketron Island in Puget Sound, Pierce County, Washington, killing the occupant and destroying the aircraft.[4][6][9] A tow boat crew was the first to respond.[24] Firefighters from West Pierce Fire and Rescue and other nearby departments arrived on the island approximately 1.5 hours after the crash, due to waits for the Steilacoom–Anderson Island ferry, and contending with thick brush when crews arrived on scene. The two-acre fire the crash caused[23] was suppressed by a lack of wind and dry brush, and was extinguished by the following morning.[25][26] No injuries were reported to residents of the sparsely populated island despite the crash site being in close proximity to at least one cabin which was occupied at the time of the incident.[27]